Thursday, April 16, 2009

Padulo Bench



Here are some images from a bench table thing I just completed.  The wood is some crazy African spalted something.  I couldn't tell you.  I also have a video of one of my interns at the Kapow Design Extreme Furniture Fabrication Facility applying some shellac.  It is an old school method and I love the results.  A few million coats of shellac and some clear, not-so-hard wax and you have to be concerned that someone will come by and try to take a bite out of your furniture.  It looks that good.  It really makes my mouth water.

Here is some cool leopard looking spalted African Whackywood.  

Here are a couple of slabs under clamps at the South Facitlity


This vid is 3 about minutes long.  It shows one of our star interns applying shellac using the same technique used by Thomas Chippendale back in '54.  That would be 1754.

No comments:

Post a Comment