Monday, May 18, 2009

Brief History




I wish did and am glad I didn't, start this blog a few years ago.   If I did, you would know the painful history of the Peep kiddie furniture line.  It is a story packed with design and manufacturing action including a dream ICFF moment, international nightmares, glossy accolades and an insider's theory on why all those American furniture manufacturers are reduced to an office with a guy who orders components from China and a giant warehouse full of cob web covered machines.  
In a simple sentence:  I could not find a manufacturer.  
It drove me batty.  Below is a short video I made to make a point to these guys in Jamestown, NY when they sent me a revised production model of the little Peep desk.  When the chair practically fell apart in my hands I set up the camera for this demonstration.  
Needless to say, we weren't a match.  I should have known when I saw their company hat was camo with green lettering and logo. I am wearing it in the video.  Don't get me wrong, I painted black and gray flames on my black designmobile and they are invisibly cool as hell but in the wrong application it's just plain dupid.  



No comments:

Post a Comment