Monday, February 9, 2009

Fewer But Cooler Things

I caught myself doing something that I think I have been doing subconsciously since I was a little boy.  When I rinse my mouth after brushing my teeth, I made a sound like a ricochet.  As if my spit were a bullet that is bouncing off the porcelain.  Ptweeing!  I am not sure but I think I have been doing it forever and have just not noticed.  I have no recollection of when it started. It feels very natural to me.  I would have to try not to do it and I have other fish to fry.


I just sent a box down to a new client in LA.  It contains a little Parsons table and bench for a kid's keyboard.  I made one for my kids because we got them a keyboard and we had nothing to put it on.  It is a challenge to have a kid and keep your place looking good.  The tidal wave of crap that flows through the doors opened by the arrival of a new baby is something they don't tell you about.  We shoot for fewer but cooler things.  
This thing took me longer to pack than to make! Another reason why you have to make k.d. furniture.  I hope it makes it down there with no problems.  I have posted a pictu
re of my packing and shipping department facility in action.   It doubles as our dining room.
That is Madeleine making some heart shaped Valentines cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment