Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cartoon't


Do I have a problem?  Let me know.  I am in the middle of a hectic time right now.  My wife has a brutal cold and it is spring break so I have the kids to keep happy during this particularly rainy week here in Portland.  Suffice it to say, I am on my toes keeping things in order.  I'm no Nadya Suleman, that's for sure.

There were a few minutes when my angelic neighbor took both of my kids for a play date (Hate that term) to give me a chance to take care of some of the things on my long long list.  There are dishes to do, laundry in every stage, food to cook, stuff to put away, a HUGE yard mess, etc...(not to mention paying work) with about an hour to do it.  I had to choose my task with my poor, sick wife's needs in mind.  To instill confidence in her that the house is in order, is to expediate her healing process by giving her peace of mind.  What is the first thing I do?  I slither like an eel through a keg of oysters down to my basement and draw this picture.  

Is that really the best way to use my time?  I mean, what is that?  It isn't even a real cartoon, it is a plan for a cartoon.   As if someday I am going to go back and do the real cartoon of the guy walking out of the store with the toilet paper.  I am not even sure if anyone thinks it is funny seeing someone walk out of a store with just toilet paper.   Can I garnish this indulgent act with some valuable verbal vegetable?  Is justification attainable?  

No comments:

Post a Comment