Tuesday, March 24, 2009

some people have crazy noses


I was in a grocery store with my kids yesterday and Leo said to me:  "Did you see that guy's nose? It went up at the end!"

I was immediately taken by the opportunity to teach a lesson to my 4 year old.  I said, "yes, everybody's nose is different."  trying to downplay any exceptional characteristics this guy's nose might have boasted.  I guess it has been drilled into me by a culture that seems to strive towards becoming a land of grey hermaphrodites, denying any acknowledgement of uniqueness for fear of offending a single individual.  It would make the designer's job a lot easier.  
Anyways, Leo said, "yeah but some people have really crazy noses."

I can't agree more. There are indeed some very crazy noses out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment