Thursday, July 16, 2009

$44.00 for a pair of Chuck T's, I think Not!

I don't know if you know this but Converse was bought by Nike a couple three years ago.  So my beloved Chuckie T's are now allowed on campus!  (ref: Nike campus in Beaverton, shoe regulation)  
I feel like I have been burning through my Chucks faster than usual.  At first I attributed it to the load I carry on my shoulders.  That would make sense.  I don't swing my arms anymore when I walk and my feet slap when they hit the ground.  Even in grass.  But I can't imagine that accounting for more than a small percentage of the overall deterioration of the sole.  
My point is that I am not going to sit in Nike's backyard and pay $44 and change for kicks that last a month and a half.  Not unless they hire me.
I am going to see how long I can keep this pair going.  I have a little more work to do but here is the breakdown of what has happened over the past few days.  I wore them around today, mowed the lawn, rode up Mt Tabor, they feel good.  Actually they feel friggin' awesome.
I put music to the slideshow and it is by Action Daddy. 

2 comments: