Sunday, January 25, 2009

Armed and Dangerous


I feel a little better now that my kids have bows and arrows.  Of course, the arrows have suction cup heads but they will leave a mark on your forehead if they are suctioned on there long enough.  To be specific, a perfect circle hickey bruise will appear and will not go away until everyone has seen it.  



I have made my kids a ton of toys.  I do it for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is this big pile of wood I have in my side yard.  They are pallet stickers from overseas and the wood is unbelievable.  I am limited by the dimensions (3.25" x 2.5" x 6.6') and the fact that there are about 16 different species, so it is hard to find two of the same for any given project.  I have managed to crank out a lot of stuff.  

I bought the wood through Craigslist from a guy in WA just outside of Vancouver.  It was in a huge pile by some train tracks.  He lived in the house there sandwiched between the highway and the tracks.  He looked like he used these boards to pick his teeth.  His neck was as thick as a stump and the heels of his hands could be used to resole my work boots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment