Sunday, January 11, 2009

I got a job in the manufacturing sector!

Everything is going to be different tomorrow.  I am starting a new job as a lead cabinetmaker (or something)  at a boat interiors fabrication shop (or something).  I am sort of surprised to have gotten the job seeing as how I felt like the guy was going to fire me at the interview.  It was a very strange interaction that lead to my new position which I start tomorrow.
My guess is that it will take 1/2 an hour to get there by bike.  When I lived in NYC I commuted by bike over the brooklyn bridge from Greenwich village to Fort Greene for school.  Then I commuted from our apartment in Cobble Hill to my studio in Long Island City.  Those were about 25 minute rides too.  Besides the obvious blood pumping goodness of a bike ride, I always had at least one or two interesting thoughts.  
I am going to write about the thoughts generated during my commute.  If not, I will make something else up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment